Eczema, otherwise known as Atopic Dermatitis, can affect anyone from babies, kids to adults. It is a very common skin condition which often presents as dry and itchy patches on the skin. Though it doesn't have a cure, there are various ways of treating eczema to help manage the symptoms associated with the skin condition.
Causes of eczema
The common signs of eczema are a rash with itchiness and dry skin. Eczema usually flares up when it comes into contact with allergens including some types of skin products, detergents, make up, clothing, some types of food and environmental factors.
Symptoms of eczema
The symptoms include but are not limited to;
- Itchy skin
- Dry skin
- Thick patches of skin
- Flaky skin
- Swelling of the skin (rare)
The treatment options for eczema are vast. This usually depends on its triggers. Here are some common ways of treating eczema;
- Applying medicated lotions as directed by the Dermatologist
- Switching your skin care products to mild moisturizers with little to no fragrance
- Moisturizing your skin immediately after leaving the shower
- Taking oral medications prescribed by the Dermatologist
- Identifying the triggers of eczema and staying away from them
- Using lukewarm water to bath
Eczema cannot be cured completely. However, by adhering to these common treatment options, you stand a better chance at managing them. For further consultation on skin care, please do not hesitate to contact Kaydua Luxury on +233 596 050 073 or @kaydualuxury via Facebook and Instagram.