The type of skin you have usually determines the kind of products you ought to use. It is important to select skin care products made specifically for your skin. This is why knowing the type of skin you have is very critical. If you don't know what skin type you have, don't worry. We're here to help.
The different skin types are as follows;
Dry skin is usually flaky and rough. Sometimes, it can itch a bit. It might feel tight with some wrinkles.
This type of skin has a balanced production of sebum (naturally produced oil). The skin is neither dry or oily.
This is when the skin produces extra oil or sebum. The skin usually appears oily or greasy. People with oily skin are more susceptible to getting acne.
This is characterized by both oily and dry/normal skin. The oily skin is mostly at the t-zone or the forehead and nose area. The cheeks and other parts of the face are either dry or normal.
People with sensitive skin easily react to new skin care products, different types of food or easily break out.
Caring for your skin type
- Don't stay too long in the shower. A 5-7 minutes shower should be enough.
- Use mild bathing soap or body wash such as the African Black Soap Body Wash.
- Moisturize right after leaving the shower. Make sure your skin is still a little damp before moisturizing. This will help in sealing in moisture.
- Drink a lot of water. Make it interesting by infusing the water with fruits.
- Use water-based moisturizers such as the Moisturizing Body Lotion
- Add Body Oils to your regimen
- Moisturize always preferably twice a day (morning and evening)
- Use products which are gentle on your skin whilst giving you the natural glow such as the Natural Skin Brightener Set
- Wear sunscreen always
- Drink water regularly
- Don't go to bed with your makeup on
- Double cleanse before going to bed
- Don't use harsh products or too many products on your face at a go
- Stop using different skin care products every other week
- Don't forget to moisturize
- Go in for a Bentonite Clay Facial Mask once every week
- Drink a lot of water
- Carry a blotting paper along and blot your face when necessary
- Wash your face every morning and evening
- Stop touching your face often
- Use products specially formulated for oily skin such as the Acne-Prone/Oily Skin Set
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week
- Use cleansers at least twice daily
- Use fragrance-free products
- Combine acne-prone and dry skin care regimen
- A facial mask once a week will do you good
- Use mild products specially formulated for Sensitive Skin
- Use lukewarm water when bathing
- Don't keep changing skin care products
- Use a sunscreen always
- Do a patch test before using new skincare products
The type of skin one has might change over time. It is important to keep assessing your skin to know if any changes occur and adjust accordingly. For further consultation on skin care, please do not hesitate to contact Kaydua Luxury on +233 596 050 073 or @kaydualuxury via Facebook and Instagram.