Aloe Vera has been used for ages for beauty products particularly for the skin. Its healing properties makes it ideal for use for a number of ailments. Generally, aloe vera is safe and can be used by all skin types.
General uses of aloe vera for the skin
The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera makes it the go-to plant or product for a lot of skincare issues. Its been known to help with the following;
- Expedites healing of wounds and reduces scarring
- Moisturizes skin and leaves it hydrated
- Helps with rashes
- Aids in treating bacterial and fungal infections
- Reduces pain and swelling of cuts and bruises
- Promotes the release of collagen
- Leaves the skin feeling supple
These benefits can be derived from either using the gel from the plant directly or by using aloe vera skincare products with aloe vera as its main ingredient.
Uses of aloe vera for facial care
When used on the face, aloe vera helps with the following;
- Reduces formation and inflammation of acne
- Helps in getting rid of dark scars
- Treats atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Helps in treating minor cuts and bruises on the face
- Treats some fungal infections including ringworm
- Soothes sunburn
- Reduces inflammation from psoriasis
As it is with anything, there are side effects of aloe vera you should be aware of. Some people react from using the gel from the plant including itching, developing a rash or slight burns. It is advisable to first do a patch test. People with severe burns and wounds are also advised to desist from using aloe vera.
If you have the aloe vera plant at home, it's time to have your own facial care experiment. For further consultation on skin care, please do not hesitate to contact Kaydua Luxury on +233 596 050 073 or @kaydualuxury via Facebook and Instagram.
Leave a comment