Before we delve into substantive matters, let's clarify one thing - toning here does not mean bleaching. Now that that's out of the way, let's proceed. Toning, in recent times, has gained a lot of popularity among people interested in their skincare. In simple terms, toning helps in refreshing your facial skin whilst keeping its natural oils intact. There are usually stand-alone toners or 2-in-1 facial cleanser and toner.
Pros of Using Facial Toner
Toners are mostly used to remove any dirt, bacteria, impurities, etc stuck on face or pores even after washing your face.
- Whilst deeply cleansing, toners also help in balancing the skin's pH
- Improves the skin tone
- Smoothens rough patches
- Removes excess dirt
- Aids in removing makeup and excess oil on face
- Helps in tightening skin temporarily
- Forms an additional protective layer to protect skin from elements
- Minimizes the appearance of skin pores
- Anti-inflammatory properties helps in preventing infections and breakouts
- Controls the production of excess oils especially for oily skin types
Cons of Using Facial Toner
The Pros of using facial toner far outweighs the Cons. Here are some Cons associated with using facial toners
- Some toners contain alcohol and might dry up skin after use (to counter this, moisturize immediately after use)
- Likely to cause irritation or mild swelling if used in excess. Just a few drops is enough. Don't use in excess
- Might give a burning sensation if you have acne, cuts or bruises on face
When and How to Use Facial Toner
Toners are best used on freshly washed face and can be done twice daily ie morning and evening. One can go in for a cotton ball or a cotton facial pad, pour a few drops into it and gently apply on face. There's no need applying so much force in an effort to cleanse or scrub face.
It is also worth noting that toners are meant for everyone. It isn't meant for those with oily skin only.
As mentioned earlier, some toners are 2-in-1 ie toners and cleaners. The Facial Cleanser from Kaydua Luxury fits into this description. This all-natural facial cleanser removes traces of oils, dirt and make-up to help unclog your pores. It's definitely a must-have.